this is horribly late and she's closer to 11 months than 10 months now, but on january 6th we celebrated lily's 10 month birthday!
this month lily:
- cut two teeth! the bottom two, to be exact [and now we no longer call her toothless]
- still nursing at least once a day [i'll be weaning her by 12 months]
- weighs over 19lbs
- standing like a champ
- walking with her vtech walker
- scooting around holding on to furniture
- says "baba" to my mom's extreme delight [it means grandmother in russian]
- pees in her little potty [we're working on getting her to go consistently]
lily dislikes: getting her nose wiped, not being allowed to do what she wants, being overtired, and when the puffs are gone.
we went through a lot this past month. we had our first bout of the stomach bug [and i say "we" because lily gave it to all of us], finally got some teeth [with some crazy teething still going on]. we've had a little bit of sleep regression where she wakes up at 3am crying and i bring her into bed with me because she just wants her mama [and i'm ok with that because i get snuggles]. and first birthday planning has officially begun!
i recently read this amazing post on whitney's blog about savoring the moments with your baby because babies don't keep. so i'm consciously trying to take in every single second with my little girl while she's still my baby [although that's never going to change no matter how big she gets... i get it now, mom!]
mama loves you, princess.