it's hard being pregnant in the winter. i know a lot of people complain about summer pregnancies, but i see being able to wear a maxi dress and flip flops much easier than having to figure out the pants and boot situation because it snows every other day.
much like the part 1 of my pregnancy must-haves, here's what you'll need during the second half of your winter pregnancy:
1. stuart weitzman 5050 boots. these are non-negotiable as all other shoes/boots will make your feet swell. and these have the stretchy back and just enough compression to keep the swelling down. just make sure you have a buddy to help you get them on and off. [oh hey, and if you act today, you can get them for 25% off during the shopbop sale!]
2. gap pure body maternity tee. these will become the staple in your wardrobe. not only are they long enough to cover your growing belly, but they're so soft and don't irritate your already itchy skin. get them in every color. also think about sizing up, i typically get extra small tops in gap clothes but have been opting for small in these. they mold to your body so they won't be too loose.
3. hatch collection long-sleeve tee. loose, comfy, fits, stripey. 'nuff said. i have the black & white version and just picked up the tan & red off of shopbop. you won't regret it.
4. long, heavy winter scarf. i swear by my target merona aztec printed scarf [and matching hat with pom-pom!]. although it's last season and most definitely sold out, you can find similar versions anywhere. make sure it's long and covers the belly because guess what? your coat won't button and something's gotta keep that bump warm.
5. spanx marvelous mama tights. these are so comfortable and perfect to wear with stretchy dresses and boots [see #1]. there's an area for your expanding bump. when ordering definitely go by your height/weight as to which group you're in. i would automatically always order from the group a column, but in this case, i'm so glad i went with group b which were the next size up. remember, it's all about comfort and spanx are there to suck in your thighs a little anyways. you'll love them.
there are probably a million other things you could get to stay comfy and warm during the second half of your winter pregnancy, but investing in these 5 basics will absolutely get you through.
i hope you guys have a great weekend! thank you everyone who emailed or commented on tuesday's drama post - you really made my day! as you read this, i'm probably still pregnant, unable to get shoes or pants on without help, and sitting on my couch propping up my swollen ankles because i didn't take my own advice [#1] and wore uggs all day.